Wilks Hearing Center has been helping people improve their hearing and escape the isolation that often comes with hearing loss since we first opened our doors over 60 years ago. Our audiologists are extremely knowledgeable about the latest hearing aid technology from most major manufacturers. Our advanced training and experience qualify us to give you the highest degree of care and service which you deserve. We take pride in our commitment to helping our patients hear their best!
All professional staff members have graduate degrees in audiology and are licensed by New York State. Each is certified by the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association. Dr. Wilks and Dr. Carlson are Fellows of the American Academy of Audiology and are Board Certified by the American Board of Audiology.
The Wilks Hearing Facility
Wilks Hearing Center became one of the first comprehensive audiology facilities in New York State, when in 1976, it relocated to its present modern facility, at 290 Central Avenue, Lawrence, NY.
Since that time, it has undergone two expansions making it one of the most extensive private facilities in the metropolitan area.
The Lawrence location has:
- Two soundproof rooms, meeting ANSI standards.
- Fully calibrated computerized diagnostic audiometers.
- Sound Field play light / toy system for (conditioned orienting response) diagnostic testing of young children.
- Sound Field speaker system for evaluating adult and child aided hearing aid performance.
- Real ear system for measuring hearing aid performance at the eardrum.
- Programming computers for fitting digital hearing aids.
- Laboratory for adjusting earmold fit and for hearing aid maintenance.
- Diagnostic acoustic immitance bridge and a tympanometer for measuring middle ear function, in adults and children.
- Auditory brainstem evoked response unit for neuro-audiological studies.
- Oto-acoustic Emission system for evaluating newborns and young infants, as well as adults requiring this analysis.
Wilks Hearing Center's caring staff provides prompt and professional attention in this warm and inviting atmosphere. The center is handicap accessible.