Understanding Digital Hearing Technology
Fully (100%) Digital Fittings
Available since summer 1996, these instruments represent the newest development in hearing. By converting sound into computer language and processing amplification ON chip, these instruments are similar to a CD player. They DO NOT contain amplification circuits. This technology offers:
- EASE OF USE - The computer chip takes over all of the functions of the hearing aid and volume controls are often eliminated.
- SOUND PROCESSING - by performing calculations at rates faster than a desktop computer, voice and non-voice signals are actively analyzed.
- DIGITAL (CD) SOUND QUALITY - clean, clear sound reproduction.
- SUPERIOR FITTINGS - Independent programming of multiple frequency bands to compensate for individual needs.
- BETTER HEARING IN NOISE - Incoming signals are analyzed to improve speech understanding.
- FEEDBACK CONTROL - Circuit designs specifically reduce the likelihood of "whistling."
- RE-PROGRAMMING FOR HEARING CHANGES - The chip can be re-programmed to suit future needs.
Digital instruments vary in level of sophistication, with the newest, most advanced chips performing more calculations and providing hearing improvement features, such as
Staying on top of technology, is one of the most important reasons for your successful fitting. Our Audiology Staff receives ongoing training within the United States and Europe.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES - depending on the instrument design, sound coming from the direction of speech is amplified, while reducing sound (which is usually noise) from other directions. Some have fixed directionality, while others can change depending on the sound environment.
- NOISE REDUCTION CIRCUITRY - the computer chip differentiates between speech and noise, reducing amplification for noise signals.
- HIGH GAIN - with less feedback. Many new digital instruments are available for those with severe hearing loss.
ABOUT US |
THE TEAM |
ABOUT YOUR HEARING |
HEARING LOSS |
DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY |
OUR SERVICES |
POLICIES & HIPPA |
DIRECTIONS & MAP |
HEARING ADVISOR |
IMPORTANT LINKS |
HEARING PRODUCTS: BATTERIES |
WAX GUARDS |
DOME EARTIPS |
MAKE A PAYMENT
Copyright © 2004-2017 Wilks Hearing Center. All rights reserved. Design & Hosting by 8thPlanet.com
Serving the Long Island towns of Lawrence, Cedarhurst, Woodmere, Hewlett, Inwood, Woodsburgh, Long Beach, Atlantic Beach, Far Rockaway, East Rockaway, Oceanside, Gibson, Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Rockville Centre, Island Park, Hewlett Harbor, Hewlett Bay Park, Malverne, East Atlantic Beach, Lido Beach, Edgemere, Baldwin, Baldwin Harbor, Point Lookout, Nassau County and Queens, NY.