About Wilks Hearing Center
Wilks Hearing Center opened its doors in 1952 with the advent of the transistor hearing aid. Now in its second generation of family operation, it has been a comprehensive audiology facility since 1979. Wilks Hearing Center brings together a staff of audiologists with educational and medical center experience from several of the nation's most prestigious institutions.
All professional staff members have graduate degrees in audiology and are licensed by New York State. Each is certified by the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association. Dr. Wilks and Dr. Carlson are Fellows of the American Academy of Audiology and are Board Certified by the American Board of Audiology.
The Wilks Hearing Facility
Wilks Hearing Center became one of the first comprehensive audiology facilities in New York State, when in 1976, it relocated to its present modern facility, at 290 Central Avenue, Lawrence, NY.
Since that time, it has undergone two expansions making it one of the most extensive private facilities in the metropolitan area.
The Lawrence location has:
Wilks Hearing Center's caring staff provides prompt and professional attention in this warm and inviting atmosphere. The center is handicap accessible.
- Two soundproof rooms, meeting ANSI standards.
- Fully calibrated computerized diagnostic audiometers.
- Sound Field play light / toy system for (conditioned orienting response) diagnostic testing of young children.
- Sound Field speaker system for evaluating adult and child aided hearing aid performance.
- Fonix analyzer for testing hearing aids (This is the identical unit used by manufacturers when building hearing aids).
- Real ear system for measuring hearing aid performance at the eardrum.
- Programming computers for fitting digital hearing aids.
- Laboratory for adjusting earmold fit and for hearing aid maintenance.
- Diagnostic acoustic immitance bridge and a tympanometer for measuring middle ear function, in adults and children.
- Auditory brainstem evoked response unit for neuro-audiological studies.
- Oto-acoustic Emission system for evaluating newborns and young infants, as well as adults requiring this analysis.
ABOUT US |
THE TEAM |
ABOUT YOUR HEARING |
HEARING LOSS |
DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY |
OUR SERVICES |
POLICIES & HIPPA |
DIRECTIONS & MAP |
HEARING ADVISOR |
IMPORTANT LINKS |
HEARING PRODUCTS: BATTERIES |
WAX GUARDS |
DOME EARTIPS |
MAKE A PAYMENT
Copyright © 2004-2017 Wilks Hearing Center. All rights reserved. Design & Hosting by 8thPlanet.com
Serving the Long Island towns of Lawrence, Cedarhurst, Woodmere, Hewlett, Inwood, Woodsburgh, Long Beach, Atlantic Beach, Far Rockaway, East Rockaway, Oceanside, Gibson, Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Rockville Centre, Island Park, Hewlett Harbor, Hewlett Bay Park, Malverne, East Atlantic Beach, Lido Beach, Edgemere, Baldwin, Baldwin Harbor, Point Lookout, Nassau County and Queens, NY.